Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Who Do We Pray For?

"I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone: for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness." 1 Tim 2:1

I see this verse and it reminds me of two things. First we are to pray for everyone. Second we are to pray for anyone in authority (whether we like them or not). This tells me that we are to pray for federal government leaders, state government leaders, local government leaders. I also believe it means to pray for church leaders. The list could be endless. It says "all those in authority." Where then does it stop? Do you pray for your boss? Well it certainly couldn't hurt any. It might make your job more enjoyable. How about your child's school teacher? Our children that attend public school may not be able to pray with the classroom teacher any longer but it doesn't mean we cannot pray for the classroom teacher.

I challenge you, all Christians, pray for our president. Pray for other world leaders. Pray for all government figures, that they make decisions, according to God's will. It is easy to complain about the decisions that have been made, but take the road less traveled, PRAY, and be happy to do it.

The verse above says that if you pray for everyone: kings and all in authority that you will live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. I don't know what you think about that but it sounds pretty good to me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG